Events Manager and Reception Supervisor
Events Manager & Reception Supervisor needed - Hotel events managers or events venue managers, or corporate events coordinators welcome to apply.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Events Executive/Supervisor to support a global financial services company.
Our client has a first class Guest Relations Suite with purpose built meeting and conference rooms for all types of function and purpose, supported with a fine dining catering team. We operate the function to a 5* hotel services level to ensure customers receive a great service experience throughout. The area is heavily utilised and supported with a high level of investment from our client, hosting functions with up to 600 guests.
To successfully manage the Functions and Events, ensuring the delivery of service to clients is at the highest standard, aligning the expectations of the client and the Guest Relations team and help to manage executive client and staff activities from conception through to execution.
To assist the Guest Relations Manager providing leadership, management support and development opportunities to the team, as well as manage areas of operational and strategic accountability.
To deputies for the Guest Relations Manager in their absence.
Functional and People Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all Functions and Events within Ropemaker Guest Relations.
- Work directly with Events Marketing, EAs and team to deliver quality internal events for staff and clients
- Liaise with catering and AV to ensure delivery for client (internal or external)
- Function Cost Recovery - Ensure all food and beverage costs incurred for functions are entered daily
- Function Coordinating - Prepare and complete the following: function sheet, de-brief sheet, follow up / feedback form for all large, VIP or complex events.
- Complete requests for quotes in the appropriate document with accurate costing for the event
- Be pro-active in reviewing operational processes and revising as required to meet the client demands
- Provide guidance and support for Function and Events support teams. This includes handling complaints, feedback management, standards and client service delivery
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager where required
- Provide necessary support in the absence of the Guest Relations Manager.
- Provide developmental opportunities to the team with consideration to succession planning.
Marketing and Communication
- Manage all marketing, communication requirements and activities.
- Ensure all catering service offerings are marketed to all key clients in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to add value for clients and to create innovative ways to communicate and implement.
- Engage with and organize regular Event Marketing, EA population and team meetings, to collaborate on developing and implement the best client service solutions.
Financial/ Reporting Accountabilities:
- Function Cost Recovery - Ensure effective cost recovery for services provided
- Assist with the review of costs, suppliers and conduct comparative analysis to ensure pricing is in line with market
- Control / manage temporary staff costs / expenses to meet budget requirements
- Produce timely and accuratereports as required
- Review reporting and documentation produced and opportunities to implement a streamlined commercial solution.
Health and Safety
- Ensure strict compliance with client & company policies
- Report all incidents within specified timeframes
- Where applicable, induct vendors to site specific situations and keep records
- Carry out comprehensive and effective work safety and risk mitigation procedures
- Actively demonstrate commitment to HSE
- Ensure appropriate resources are made available to manage HSE issues
- Overall responsibility for HSE performance of the events functions
- Ensure all staff are inducted on company OH&S policies.
- Ensure all staff have completed the basic training OH&S modules
- Ensure client OH&S policies are fully implemented and ensure minimum requirements are met.
- Ensure all incidents are reported within specified timeframes, liaise with OH&S officers to extract lessons learned and implement recommendations.
- Report site OH&S implementation status and accidents statistics to Guest Relations Manager on a monthly basis.
- Implement and report Vendor Management (insurances, Inductions, toolbox sessions etc)
- Implement and keep records of safety and spot check regime.