IT Security Engineer
Job Description - Purpose and Key Activities
Overall purpose of the job
- The Security Team provide 3rd line support for firewall and security related issues along with designing customer security solutions
- Build and deploy new customer security solutions.
- Liaise with the company’s pre-sales and the customer to gather information on their current network, existing and future needs and gain approval on their new solution.
- Designs are to be to a high standard, scalable, supportable and in line with current Best Practice.
- 3rd line escalation support for existing customers.
- Maintenance of existing customer firewalls including regular policy reviews and firmware upgrades.
- Auditing of customer devices for compliance purposes
- Monitoring the company’s firewalls and security devices for threats
Person Specification - Key Criteria
- Knowledge and experience of our clients customer networks and security solutions
- Engineering function, incident resolution and solution delivery
- CCNP or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Aware of common security threats and mitigation
- Network and Security engineering skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams and customers
- Ability to lead technical teams when delivering a security solution