My client are the UK's largest Fresh Produce supplier and processor based in Norwich, due to continued growth they are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a rotating day shift pattern. (no night shift) The ideal candidate will have food manufacturing experience along with an engineering maintenance background within plant facilities and production machinery
The purpose of the role is to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance duties working on both the plant and production machinery, in addition to completing engineering projects around the site.
Main duties will involve :
* Ensuring all duties are carried out in accordance with current legislation and company procedures, particularly relating to (though not exclusively to) health and safety, quality and environment management.
* Continuously assesses equipment for efficiency and purpose and implement improvements so that output will be optimised.
* Use line monitoring, fault finding and problem-solving systems/techniques in order to maximise utilisation of all site equipment, by minimising downtime through scheduled maintenance, and continuous improvement
* Completing engineering project tasks and making improvements to existing equipment as appropriate.
* Diagnosing faults and putting forward improvement suggestions and undertaking improvements as required.
* Installing new equipment and relocating existing equipment.
* Ensure that your work area is kept safe, clean and tidy
* Work and support the factory line setters to ensure they have help when needed and address any production line / machinery issues with them.
* Carry out any other tasks as requested by line manager, which the jobholder is capable of completing in a safe and competent manner.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk