Area Sales Manager
Up to £35000 + 25% Bonus, company car, phone, laptop. Ipad
I am currently working with one of the leading distributorswho provide interior solutions to the construction industry. Our client is looking for a Area Sales Manager in the Hampshire area.
As the Area Sales Manager you will build productive and profitable relationships between main contractors, sub-contractors, merchants and house builders in the area. The role will include developing the territory, maintaining strong relationships with existing clients ensuring you maximise business, as well as establishing and building new relationships.
Candidates must be articulate, numerate, well presented and able to negotiate at all levels from site manager to senior buyer. A self-starter, who requires the minimum of supervision, has a persuasive manner and who thrives on a challenge. An organised, enthusiastic team player, if you have knowledge of the industry and our products then that is highly desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
* Experience of dealing with main contractors, sub-contractors, merchants or house builders.
* Experience of the construction industry.
* Sales driven.
* Customer relationship management.
* Team player.
* Planning, organisation and time management skills.
* Effective communication skills.
* Energetic and self-motivated.
Key Result Areas
* Identify and secure new customers accounts in the geographical area covered to ensure on-going sales/target achievement.
* Manage the performance (sales and margin) of customers contained in the designated portfolio, to ensure that budget/targets are achieved.