Site Supervisor Events
We are looking for a Site Supervisor to oversee the refurbishment, fit out and installation of our Event Fleet of buildings. Based in Hamilton, Scotland you will be responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of labour and resources available in our yards and on customer sites.
You will also assist in the day to day tasks of Operations Department, maintaining stipulated high quality standards, all in accordance with the Company’s Quality Assurance Procedures.
With more than 50 years’ experience of supplying customers in every sector, from education and commerce to manufacturing and healthcare, Portakabin (Scotland) has a wide range of quality solutions that are backed by our unique customer service guarantee.
Portakabin products are recognised across the industry as being of the highest quality. Portakabin employs more than 100 people in Scotland with centres in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Paisley, Dundee and Aberdeen.
As the pioneers of modular construction, Portakabin Group can deliver permanent-quality buildings, of any size, to fulfill any application - up to 70% faster than using traditional construction.
As part of the Shepherd Group, we have the backing of one of the construction industry’s most respected companies, and one of the largest private family-owned construction groups in the UK, employing more than 3,500 colleagues.
A successful international company producing some of the most advanced building systems available. Portakabin buildings are available for hire or purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
We’re looking for someone with excellent customer focus who is able to remain calm without compromising on quality, in a deadline driven environment.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Experience in a site supervisor role.
- Trade experience gained within construction/or related industry.
- Strong operational experience related to fit out/ construction/refurb.
- Knowledge of joinery.
- Full U.K driving licence.
Desirable but not essential:
- Plumbing knowledge.
- Forklift truck licence.
- Appropriate H&S qualification.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be required to carry out manual tasks such as joinery repairs to floors, replacing internal or external doors and pre dispatch checks as well as supervisory work. During our busy summer season you may also be required to set up an Event site which would include siting and levelling buildings.
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Responsibility for ensuring workmanship quality adheres to technical specifications in place and divisional standards.
- Assess situations and risks with regards to project site and deal with issues wherever possible, referring/informing to projects supervisor as appropriate.
- Carry out toolbox talks where appropriate.
- Supervision of the Hourly Paid Operatives on Event site set ups. Assist on customer sites with the installation, stand-by and de-rigging of units at major events.
- Plan and monitor work load for event site set ups.
- Undertake the refurbishment, fit out , installation and off hire of Portakabin Event buildings
- Carry out basic carpentry tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc.
- Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc.
- Maintain tools and equipment in order to maximise their use and prolonged life.
- Assist in the movement of buildings in and out of the yard and report any damages to buildings.
- Develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of customer service.
- Working independently, or as part of small projects team and / or in conjunction with sub-contractors in the refurbishment of buildings prior to dispatch.
The salary for this position is in the range of £24,000 - £28,000 dependent on skills and experience.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.