Experienced Primary Care Pharmaceutical Sales Rep, Bedfordshire
TRAINEE OR EXPERIENCED PRIMARY CARE / GP MEDICAL PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES – EXCITING TEAM EXPANSION
Are you an aspiring pharmaceutical sales representative seeking your first role in pharma sales? Or an experienced primary care pharmaceutical sales representative looking for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to work on behalf of one of the world’s most respected blue-chip companies as part of a major nationwide team expansion?
The organization in question is a global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative products in the areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer health; they will be substantially upscaling their respiratory division and we are therefore seeking candidates in the following geographical areas:
SR 4417F Somerset
SR 4417R Somerset (3 full days per week)
SR 4422 Swale
SR 4423 Swindon/Wiltshire
SR 4460 Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, N&W Hants
SR 4471 Buckinghamshire (must be experienced)
SR 4479 Hertfordshire (must be experienced)
SR 4480 Bedfordshire (must be experienced)
In these newly created full time, permanent positions you will have responsibility for promoting a market leading portfolio of prescription only pharmaceutical products focussing on respiratory medicine (COPD/asthma); targeting GPs, Practice Nurses and retail pharmacists within your designated geographical area you will collaborate with territory colleagues to maximise prescribing of your brands, thereby driving an increase in sales and market share in this notoriously competitive therapy area.
Although our client would be delighted to receive applications from experienced pharmaceutical sales representatives, they are also interested in entry-level candidates looking for their 1st position in the industry. If you wish to be considered, you should meet the following criteria:
- Ideally live on territory, or within daily commuting distance (30 minutes’ drive); if you are planning on relocating to the area then please explain the rationale behind your move when applying
- If you have not previously worked in pharmaceutical sales you should have a good understanding of what working as a pharmaceutical sales representative selling to GPs entails, ideally supported by having carried out a day of work shadowing (shadowing is not an essential requirement however)
- As the assessment process includes a sales role play and business planning exercise, we are specifically seeking individuals who have previous experience of territory/account planning and understand how to sell on a consultative basis in accordance with customer needs
- Applicants should be educated to degree or equivalent level, preferably in a life science or business-based subject
- Hold a full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points); please note we cannot accept applications from individuals with a prior driving ban
- Eligible to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis – unfortunately we will not be able to consider candidates requiring sponsorship.
The successful applicants will be invited to commence employment as soon as they are available to do so.
In return, you will be rewarded with a generous basic salary (dependent upon experience and current remuneration) and provided with a package which will include tax free daily allowance, company car, laptop & mobile telephone, pension, private healthcare & performance related bonus, plus a range of flexible benefits customizable to suit you.
To register your interest please apply online or send us your CV directly – rest assured that all applications and conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence, and that your CV will not be sent to this or any other organisation without your express consent to do so. You would be welcome to contact us prior to applying if you require further information about the client company or to enquire about your suitability.
Whilst we would like to reply to every email unfortunately this is not always possible; if you have not received a response from us and you think your experience matches the criteria outlined in the advert closely, then please follow up with a telephone call as occasionally online application do not reach us. If we do not progress with your application to this role you would of course be very welcome to apply for other opportunities we are advertising.
If you know someone else who may be interested in one of these vacancies or who is actively seeking employment, then please pass on our details to them - you will receive £500 as a 'thank you' if we successfully place them in a new role.
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960661861