Project Manager - Software / Web Developer - Crewe
Project Manager - Software / Web Development, Telematics, Agile - URGENT - Crewe - Salary between £43,000 - £48,000 depending on experience plus competitive benefits including flexible working hours, annual bonus and several other incentives.
A brand new urgent opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Project Manager (Software / Web Development, Telematics, Agile) to join an industry leading technology focused business based in Crewe. As the Project Manager (Software / Web Development, Telematics, Insurance) you will have an integral role in the team being responsible for all stages of the project lifecycle. As the Project Manager (Software / Web Development, Telematics, Agile) you must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. You will also have responsibility for assembling and motivating the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
It will also be essential for the Project Manager to provide technical and leadership guidance and direction to personnel to ensure proper, timely completion of work. In addition, provide personnel with timely, constructive, and actionable feedback that increases individual and team effectiveness. You will be required to have excellent communication skills to interact with team, management and customers to define project requirements and identify solutions consistent with defined terms, methodology, policy, and regulations. Developing strong customer relationships as 'trusted advisor' at project management and senior management levels.
Project Manager role responsibilities
- Good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- A proven track record of successfully managing a number of sizeable projects through all project phases from inception to sign-off.
- Demonstrable experience with operating formal project management methodologies. PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets and people successfully, and of building, managing and improving client relationships during the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the industry (Telematics, Insurance, Software development) and its processes and procedures gained through academic study or direct experience.
- A high level of self-discipline and be highly results orientated, especially in a start-up environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- High attention to detail
- A real passion for project management and the drive to learn and improve skills business processes
- Previous project budget management desirable.
- Previous client-training and formal presentation experience essential.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Relationship management - customer interface at pre-project phase, during project and post completion.
- Facilitation skills, to assist requirements capture workshops
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for requirements
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff at the appropriate level with the required level of detail
- Ability to work with a vast array of information and analyse and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product owners, and development)
- Contribute to the development of a culture of continuous improvement within the business to deliver improved quality and delivery
A well established company, who have experienced vast growth in recent years and are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their friendly and ambitious technical team. The company in question are an industry leading telematics software provider, where technology and innovation are always key priorities. Being a tech focused company, technology is at the heart of what they do, therefore the company in question ensure they are always up to date with the latest technologies and practices, something that has contributed massively to their success in recent years.
This company are dedicated to enhancing their employee's careers, and a wealth of training and progression opportunities will be available for the successful candidate. In addition to career progression, this company offers an extremely competitive benefits package including: 25 days holiday, pension scheme, an annual bonus, an annual gym membership and much more!
Interviews for this role will be commencing immediately. To register your interest in time, please send your CV across for immediate consideration.
Project Manager - Software / Web Development, Telematics, Agile - URGENT - Crewe - Salary between £43,000 - £48,000 depending on experience benefits including flexible working hours, annual bonus and several other incentives.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.