Data Cabling Engineer
Data Cabling Engineer
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 OTE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
KMH Group is a dynamic and expanding company which provides advanced Telecommunications, Data and Cabling solutions, predominantly, to blue-chip corporate clients throughout the UK.
We are looking for a hard working Engineer, with Data Cabling experience to work within the Installations and Planning Department, responsible for installing networks and cabling to existing and new, large corporate companies.
This is a career opportunity which offers stability, a technical challenge, on-going training and product cross-training along with the opportunity of staff investment and a friendly, team orientated working environment
The Role of the Data Cabling Engineer
- Work from construction drawings, reading job diagrams, scopes and specifications
- Installations of network and structured cabling (Cat5/5e/6 & Fibre)
- Termination of cables on patch panels and modules
- Testing with Fluke Testers
- Maintaining Quality standards whilst meeting agreed timescales
- Reporting on progress and issues affecting the work to line managers and client contacts
- Working safely at all times in accordance with Health & Safety policies
- Diagnose and rectify faults successfully
- Interacting with clients, insuring the installation is done smoothly and with as little disruption as possible
This role would suit a knowledgeable Engineer who has worked within the telecommunications sector with experience of installing structured cabling systems and networks.
The Requirements of an Engineer within our Installation and Planning Department
- 2+ Years` experience within telecommunications sector
- Installation of structured cabling systems experience
- Working knowledge of CCTV and door access (not essential but desirable)
- Basic testing knowledge and experience with Fluke Cat5/6 (desirable)
- Have flexibility around working hours, including night work and overtime
- Willing and able to work within different locations over the UK staying away when needed
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, paying good attention to detail at all times
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and self-manage workload without supervision
- CSCS card (desirable)
- Full UK Driving license
The Benefits awarded to the successful Cabling Engineer
- Competitive salary
- Company van & mobile phone for lead engineers
- Uniform and tools provided
- Excellent overtime rates
- Annual leave plus public holidays
- On-going training and career progression
- Social events
KMH Group are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
To be considered for this role, please submit your up-to date CV and Cover letter for review.