IT Systems Engineers
My client are looking for a number of skilled systems engineers in a number of disciplines. If you are looking to join a large forward thinki9ng company, forever growing and always looking to develop their teams and staff then this could be the job for you.
Going through yet another spurt of growth they need experienced IT engineers with either strong exposure to Exchange servers with ideally database availability groups (DAGS), along with the normal Microsoft stack surrounding that.
On top of this any engineers with strong exposure to SCCM will also be welcomed for the same team. Both these opportunities are individual roles within the same division
To act as a Systems Operations Engineer in the best interests of the company. Delivering third line technical support and projects to a large user base of internal UK based staff. Providing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of customers IT issues for software and hardware. The role also requires a high level of BAU technical IT support across the UK infrastructure, involving escalations from Service Desk and Desk Side Support and assisting with IT related project work.
- A solid understanding of how applications interact with the Windows Operating System 2008 / 2012 r2
- Exchange server or SCCM/SCOM
- Enterprise Microsoft products
- VMware 5.5;
- Active Directory
- Significant experience in providing 3rd level (or higher) support within a corporate environment is essential;
- Able to demonstrate key involvement in a technical project essential;
- Working with Microsoft and Windows based products essential;
- Experience of supporting high availability and large server estates essential.
Microsoft Engineer (Exchange, AD, Windows server)
- Providing 3rd line support troubleshooting many diverse technologies including but not limited to Exchange/SCCM; Citrix; VMWare;; Windows 2008/2012 R2; Active Directory; DNS; DHCP; SAN storage (EVA, Hitachi, Netapp, …); PVS and App-V;
- Working to strict Change control governance;
- Acting as and constantly developing as a Technical expert within specified technologies;
- Providing in-depth investigations and root cause analysis of incidents and outages, reporting as in accordance with company guidelines;
- Act as escalation point for team members in the resolution of complex problems;
- Provide direction and ensure delivery of technical based projects;
- Working within published SLAs and OLAs;
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff regarding IT issues, queries and requests ensuring excellent customer service working from a call logging based system;
- High level technical representation on P1 issues; including conference calls and manage technical resolution;
- Ensure regular and clear updates are provided to the Systems Operations Manager and global operational teams;
- Providing technical solutions for BAU and project based requests, producing high level overviews and explanations as required;
- Proactive systems performance, management and maintenance;
- Provide support, administration and implementations across Production and test environments and an understanding of how applications interact with these systems;
- Deployment of new platforms and improvements to existing ones;
- Supporting the IT Operations and Engineering teams in delivering all aspects of support;