Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 depending on experience
Our Client is an exciting, expanding import company and now has an excellent opportunity for a Buying Assistant / Administrator to join the team.
As Buying Assistant you will assist the team in the performance of their duties, including placing of orders and progressing the orders in line with expected delivery dates, having regular contact with suppliers, updating critical paths and liaising with other internal departments where necessary; whilst gain Market / Product awareness and competitor analysis particularly of the online market to ensure they offer the highest volume selling products in all categories they wish to enter.
- Receive all quote requests from sales support.
- Expedite orders from suppliers to ensure stocks are supplied within agreed service levels.
- Manage stocks to ensure availability is in line with business targets.
- Forecast usage of stocked items in liaison with key customers and internal sales team and ensure timely purchase.
- Creating POs on internal systems, and checking invoices and packing lists. Setting up and managing supplier and product folders, internal database and general administration required for the buyer.
- Assist the Buyer to ensure Marketing are correctly briefed re new items and that content is accurate
- Update costing sheets and pass to buyers for sign off.
- Update range plans where necessary / maintain range plans.
- Manage sample intake & shipment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Buying Assistant or Administrator, candidates with Far East supply chain knowledge will be of particular interest. You should have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills. You should also be able to build rapport with suppliers and colleagues.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR6332.