Housing Project Worker
Housing Project Worker
Salary up to £18,500
Our client is a residential hostel, managed by a charitable organisation in partnership with the National Probation Service. The aim is to provide rehabilitative services. Our clients mission from release from prison through to resettlement in the community is to reduce reoffending and to protect the public.
The role will be to provide housing support. The role involves working in the community, we are looking for someone who holds a clean driving licence, who can work using their own initiative and can work in accordance with lone working safe practices. In addition, the role requires frequent contact with landlords and letting agents and a practical 'hands on approach would be welcomed.
The role will require a flexible approach. Key duties will include supervising and supporting ex-offenders in the rehabilitation process, assisting with a drop-in session on Thursday afternoons, record keeping and responsibilities for security and safety of the accommodation and residents, including risk assessments accommodation checks and monitoring.
- To provide information and support to service users to promote independent living, as part of the move on planning from the hostel. To assess needs and contribute to the matching of the service user to service options. To link with hostel staff to build on motivation and to strengthen existing positive relationships with the hostel staff team.
- Provide assistance and guidance to service users to tap into local resources and community provision
- To work with landlords and letting agencies to secure move on accommodation and secure tenancies
- Maintain accurate written records of all contacts with service users and complete timely recording on Delius / service users records / hostel recording. To produce written performance reports as required.
- To ensure all service users are in receipt of housing support as required and that a register/ diary is maintained. To develop the Thursday, drop in service to provide support sessions as an alternative to home visiting. The Drop-in session to be developed to provide a creative and social environment for service users.
- Managing Aggressive and challenging Behaviour training
- First Aid
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Create an environment that encourages service users to identify their own personal beliefs, values and priorities
- Identify factors which are known to trigger certain kinds of behaviour in the individual and take appropriate action
- Adopt a personalised approach to rehabilitation
- Support service users to engage in activities which are likely to stimulate their interest, that are consistent with their preferences and supports constructive changes in their behaviour
- Seek to build positive relationships
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd. is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments.