Childcare Early Years Assessor
Our client is the UK’s largest provider of skills, training and employment services, they are looking for an Childcare Early Years Assessor to join their team, covering the Lancashire area.
- You will be a home based field worker with a caseload of learners under your guidance.
- You’ll manage your own diary and will work a 37.5 hour week.
- You will visit nurseries within your region and work with the on-site learners.
- Using your experience you will inspire, train and support learners to successfully complete their apprenticeship in the workplace, through face to face discussions, remote assessments, use of internet based portfolios, and web based Maths and English learning solutions.
- You’ll tailor and devise individual learning plans, identify any additional learning needs, and provide the learner with all relevant information, guidance and resources to ensure their progress is kept on track.
- To be successful as a Childcare Early Years Assessor you must be approachable, self-motivated and possess high levels of empathy.
- You must be an excellent negotiator and able to use your initiative to solve problems, often involving different stakeholders.
- Competency knowledge of the Childcare sector at Room Supervisor level or existing Early Years Trainer Assessor experience
- As a remote worker it’s critical that you’re able to manage your time and diary effectively, and can work independently and flexibly, responding positively to change.
- As you will be visiting learners at various nurseries in your local area it is essential you have a driving license and access to your own vehicle.
- You must be comfortable working with a range of IT packages so that you can access and utilise the technology available.
- You’ll be required to support learners to achieve a level 2 qualification in Maths and English so you must be able to demonstrate this level of competence yourself.
Salary is £20k - £25k