IT Technician Apprentice
You will be required to ensure that all support calls and requests are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with defined policies and procedures, providing a service to install; setup and configure new IT equipment for users such as networks; servers; applications; computers and printers, finally updating status and notes for support calls along with detailed notes on progress and resolution information.
Who you`ll work for:
They`re an IT support company providing a wide range of IT services from a South Manchester base. The organisation was established in 2007 when the company founder decided it was time to leave the world of corporate IT and create his own company. They are keen to help small and medium sized businesses make the most of what technology can offer. Your core responsibilities as an Azure IT Support Engineer will be to provide 1st and some 2nd line support to a variety of clients with varying complexities of IT infrastructures and networks.
As an IT Technician, your job includes:
- You will be the first point of contact to the company for IT related issues (via telephone/email and desktop support) for the wide range of IT services we provide
- Responsible for processing service requests in a timely fashion and in line with Service Level Agreements
- Operational tasks; e.g. analysis & diagnosis of computer hardware; software and network problems
- Passionate about building relationships and working with people across teams
- Technical approach to problem solving
- Proactively identify and propose opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Participate in the on call rota
- Other ADHOC duties may be required
What experience and skills do I need?
You don`t need loads of professional experience in IT. However, you`ll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and IT / Science.
We`re looking for an IT-enthusiast with the following skills:
- Good communication skills
- A strong passion for IT
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent time management
- Working within deadlines
- Prioritising work load
- Willingness to work towards a formal industry certification
- Driving License desirable due to location of employer
You might also have (but don`t need):
- Fundamentals of Windows operating systems Basic PC and peripherals hardware knowledge; Microsoft Office and Internet applications and experience of PC Hardware; operating systems and applications Software Skills & Abilities.
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Advanced Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning IT training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your one-year programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve certifications with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft Azure faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. You'll also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12-18 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.