Pharmacy / Dispensary Manager
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000 pa (based on 37.5 hours)
Location: UK - London (Borough of Lewisham)
Vacancy Opening Date: 4th April 2017
Vacancy Closing Date: 4th May 2017
We are a community Pharmacy based in South East London.
We are recruiting a Pharmacy / Dispensary manager to assist with providing an excellent NHS Service to our customers.
We are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated individual (preferably) with some experience within an NHS dispensary to join our friendly team to help us provide an excellent service. The successful applicant will be someone with great customer service skills who will lead our team to work efficiently, accurately and safely to help our business grow.
On the job training and development opportunities will be provided, however there will be an expectation to keep up to date with recent developments in the sector and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Duties include (but not limited to):
1) Responsibility for staff rotas, ensuring Pharmacists and support staff levels are adequate and the appropriate staff levels are maintained.
2) Ensuring that tasks and operations are managed efficiently, and tasks are delegated to the most appropriate team member.
3) Risk Management - ensure Risk Management Systems are followed.
4) Stock Control - ensuring stock is ordered and stored correctly, and sufficient stock levels are maintained and rotated efficiently.
5) Ensuring that patients are advised correctly on operational matters such as waiting times/collection times and making sure commitments to patients are kept.
6) Ensuring that Claims and Record keeping for operational activity and services are completed correctly and timely, to ensure the business is reimbursed correctly and on time.
7) Ensuring the business opens on time and closes on time, and making sure that the premises is secured when closed. Keyholding duties may also be required if called out by Police/Alarm company out of hours.
8) Making sure that the business is running in accordance with GPhC regulations. Ensuring that the Responsible Pharmacist regulations are complied with.
9) Liaising with outside partners such as GP Practice Managers, GP's, Medical Rep's, Inspectors, and Suppliers to troubleshoot problems, and develop business, and demonstrate compliance.
10) Providing services in a sensitive and polite manner.
Requirements / Desirabilities:
The applicant should have a period of recent experience working in a NHS Pharmacy for at least 1 year. (Recent meaning finishing less than 1 year ago)
The applicant should be experienced, preferably in a Pharmacy/Dispensary management role.
Standard working hours will be between 35 and 40 hours per week. Late night working and weekends may be required depending on the needs of the business.