Service Desk Network Engineer
Your new role
As the Service Desk Network Engineer you will manage and own support tickets in relation to existing customer services, troubleshooting a range of networking issues. You will not yet be a networking expert but will have a good understanding of networking fundamentals either through work experience, degree studies or CCNA and/or CCNP certifications.
We are looking for candidates that are keen to learn from an inspirational manager and your technically advanced team members. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation that takes PRIDE in our culture and one team spirit.
Some of your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Regular communication verbally and written with existing customers
- To work closely with the 3rd level engineers who provide an internal escalation point
- Take ownership and effectively manage support tickets including incidents and changes requests
- Documentation of customer solutions - OSS System, Visio documentation, technical summary write up
- Provide resources to the solution delivery team in supporting the configuration and implementation of new customer projects
24/7 shift pattern: 2 days on (7am - 7pm), 2 nights on (7pm - 7am), 4 days off
What you’ll need to succeed
At Exponential-e we each have a personal responsibility in delivering excellence. To undertake the role of Service Desk Network Engineer you must have ambition to be the best you can be. You will have a solid understanding of networking fundamentals and a real desire for a career in this field. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about networking and are truly committed to developing their knowledge and skills in this area.
Competencies required for this role include and are not restricted to:
- CCNA certified and/or a graduate with a Computer Networking degree or similar IT degree with significant networking modules; alternatively we would love to hear from candidates with current experience working in a Networking role preferably for a Service Provider
- Knowledge equivalent to CCNA R&S or JNCIS-ENT level
- Knowledge of layer 2 switching protocols (STP, Dot1Q, QinQ, VPLS)
- Knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as to BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP
Any of the following experience would be advantageous but is not required:
- CCNP certification
- Experience with troubleshooting network faults
- Experience with Unix based operating systems
- Programming and scripting experience (python, bash scripting)
- Juniper platform configuration experience is ideal, SRX and EX series
- Firewall configuration experience is advantageous particularly with Fortigate, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA
- Experience with Alcatel SR & ESS
- Experience with using networking test tools such as Wireshark
As a Service Desk Network Engineer you must be confident in making decisions and finding solutions. As a company we are constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage.
What you’ll get in return
The role of a Service Desk Network Engineer is filled with learning and development opportunities for an ambitious individual pursuing a career in networking.
Benefits you will receive include pension, 23 days annual leave, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans, local gym discounts, and vitality health cover. You will be supported by an excellent manager, part of a very friendly team, within a company striving to achieve world class status. This is an exciting role for any ambitious aspiring Network Engineer out there.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.We look forward to hearing from you!