Litigation Assistant - Industrial Disease
We are recruiting on behalf of a Sheffield based law firm for a Litigation Assistant to join the Industrial Disease team to provide support and administrative assistance to litigators within the department.
Main responsibilities of this role include;
- Updating clients on their case, advising of medical appointments, answering simple client queries and recording all correspondence
- Advising clients on mitigation of losses, protocol and time limits and explain Court procedures.
- Drafting detailed instructions to medical agencies/experts, chase appointments
- Assisting with completion/drafting of Court documents and preparation of Court bundles
- Reviewing task lists and manage diaries in relation to directions, hearing dates and requests for judgement
- Drafting instructions to Counsel, liaising with clerks to attend hearings, telephone conferences etc
- Collating evidence and drafting schedules of loss
- Requesting Loss Of Earnings from employer
- Dealing with simple queries from third party solicitors, insurers and defendants
- Maintaining a Schedule of third parties and insurers in multiple Defendant cases
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Conducting legal research through online research platforms, including in relation to quantum
- Ensuring all information held is accurate and up to date
- Considering causation following receipt of occupational health records, medical records and on receipt of medical expert evidence
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside experienced litigators and build up to running your own litigated caseload,
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.