Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
Salary: £31K + Production Bonus
Hours: 40 hours
22 days Holiday + Stats
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with our client to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer. The position will be reporting directly into the Engineering Manager and be responsible for Mechanical and Electrical maintenance.
* Breakdown maintenance, planned preventative maintenance, condition based monitoring, process capability improvements and continuous improvement
* To maintain and keep in good repair factory machinery with as little down time as possible.
* To assist in the installation and commissioning of new machinery
* To source machinery parts from outside suppliers at best prices
* To ensure Portable Appliance Testing is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
* To give a general maintenance service to other areas of the company as and when required
* To ensure the onsite maintenance is carried out and recorded efficiently on the maintenance database (CMMS Computerised Managed Maintenance System)
* To support on Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing projects.
* To understand Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* To ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
* To adopt a flexible approach to the role according to the needs and the resources of the Department
Skills & Knowledge:
* Experience as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with a good electrical and mechanical knowledge.
* Flexible and agile in approach to Engineering
* Needs to have an Electrical qualification and the ability to efficiently fault find.
* Experience in a high-speed production plant is desirable but not essential.
* Must possess excellent communication skills and have the drive to learn about new equipment and put new skills into action.
* A commitment to quality and teamwork is essential.