Electrician- Storage Units Company , Southampton, Salary £30k - £32k + Company Van, Pension, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday
The Group, with revenues of approximately $1.8 billion, is the leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and work force accommodation management. Headquartered in Baltimore they have operations in 37 countries with a fleet of approximately 303,000 units. The company operates in North America, in Continental Europe, in the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
The company’s legacy is grounded in its reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation. The Group’s global presence combined with its local market expertise provides exemplary service tailored to meet the unique needs of customers throughout the world.
The UK operation operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required.
The successful candidate will prepare electrical installations and ensure they are "safe and fit for purpose" in compliance with BS7671 17th edition of the wiring regulations
- Installation/alteration/modification in new and existing units
- Inspection, Testing and certification in compliance with BS7671 17th edition wiring regulations
- Various other product preparation related tasks
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
Success in 6 months will include:
- To establish him/herself within the branch team and be aware of company policies and standard operating procedures relevant to task, ensuring all required paperwork is completed i.e. testing certification
- Good working knowledge of the company product range
- Work on high volume, low complexity products as instructed to target
Job experience & skills requirements
- Must hold relevant electro technical qualifications in electrical installation work including 17th edition requirements for electrical installations
- City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2394/5 in inspection and testing qualification, or equivalent
- Has completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship
- Preferred qualification in Portable Appliance Testing
- Previous working experience within product hire market, preferably portable accommodation
- High level of drive, energy and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Desire to lead, influence and coach others
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic; self- starter; results orientated
- Good ability to plan and anticipate
- Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
- Good communication and relationship building skills
17th edition requirements for electrical installations, City & Guilds 2391-10 or 2394/5 in inspection and testing qualification, or equivalent, a recognized electrical apprenticeship, Previous working experience within product hire market, preferably portable accommodation