Due to our Witham client’s business growing and going through some exciting changes, they are looking for an individual to assist in the provision of all quantity surveying services under the direction of the Operations Director. Quantity surveyor you will be involved in projects from the start to completion, you will conduct site inspections, liaise with both commercial and operations teams and conduct site inspections. To be considered for this role of quantity surveyor you need to possess experience with JCT’s and qualified RICS, possess excellent communications skills, be self-motivated and have be creative and innovate with your approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for assisting in the management of all costs and contractual matters relating to a project
- Minimise costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Keep track of variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Value completed works and arrange payments.
- Understand the implications of Health and Safety regulations.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Assist in establishing customer requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Advise on procurement strategy and provide advice on contractual claims.
- Experienced with JCT’s and qualified RICS
- Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Communicate and work collaboratively and professionally with other individuals and teams at all levels.
- Show high levels of adaptability to meet new challenges effectively and timely.
- Analytical with clear and concise reporting skills.
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills.
- Full clean UK driving licence, willing to travel, possible overnight stays.
Benefits to you
- Salary dependant on experience
- Positive working environment
- Fantastic company ethos
- Free parking
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has been unsuccessful.