Business and Data Analyst
Business and Data Analyst
Salary: £27,000 to £34,000 plus hols and 5% flexible benefit fund
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and confident Business Analyst to join our Reporting and Transformation team within Service Development based in Southampton. The role is to provide support to the Employment Services reporting processes and also to drive transformation projects where requirements gathering and analysis of the business is required.
- Provide support and cover to the Data Analysts in Southampton and Sheffield where necessary, in order to maintain the contractual reporting obligations
- Recommend process improvements, following in-depth analysis
- Support the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Business Intelligence application for Employment Services clients and be involved and drive future developments
- Undertake business analysis on Transformation projects initiated by NHS SBS
- Help the Reporting Manager to drive forward a new Reporting strategy for Employment Services
- Support the rest of Service Development as required
- Business analysis experience and knowledge including gathering requirements, documenting processes, detailed analysis and solution development
- Degree or equivalent in business related field
- Creative with strong analytical skills
- Ability to assess and identify trends
- Demonstrable experience of working with large volumes of data, knowledge of manipulation and validation methods
- Strong IT skills and highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team, with problem-solving a key approach
- Superior communication skills and ability to produce documentation and presentation aimed at various levels of audience
- Experience of project based work
- NHS or public sector experience
- Knowledge and experience of employment services e.g. payroll, pensions
Freedom to act
Over 1,900 NHS SBS people work as a fully integrated team to ensure our NHS clients benefit from our strength in process industrialisation and service innovation. On offer is the opportunity to join this fast growing and successful organisation. The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity for further development within NHS SBS or the wider Sopra Steria Group.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.