SEN Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant role starting April or May at SEN school.
- Teaching Assistant required for full time or part time hours,
- Supporting learners with SEND in an education setting.
- Experience working with Autism, MLD, SLD or complex needs including behavioural difficulties is preffered but any level of experience will be considered as training can be provided.
- NO formal qualification required but NVQs or Team Teach training would be advantage (Team Teach training can be provided though).
- Will report to the year leader directly but this will be a classroom based role.
- Class sizes between 4 to 8 learners.
- SEN school for learners between key stage 1 and key stage 5.
- Caring ethos, supportive atmosphere, approachable staff, forward thinking approach and good resources.
- Constantly improving facilities and methods.
- Career development available.
- Teacher and teaching assistants in each class, in some settings could be a ratio of 1:2:1 or 2:2:1 staff to pupils.
- SEN statements include learners with ASC, SEBD, Down Syndrome, MLD, SLD, Complex needs.
- Some learners will only work part of the time in the classroom and some time 1:2:1 outside the classroom depending on ability.
- Use Team Teach approach to positive behaviour management.
Please contact Simon Strange on or email
We are also looking for SEN Teaching Assistants across a wide range of other SEN settings in West Sussex, East Sussex and Brighton & Hove starting straight away and also in Septemberr.
We also require SEN Teaching Assistants for a variety of short and long term contracts across West Sussex, East Sussex, Brighton & Hove and the south part of Surrey.
Requirements for candidates will include:
- Up to date knowledge/experience in UK SEN settings.
- Own transport could be an advantage but not essential
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working for Randstad Education:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Access to a range of local teaching assistant and support vacancies
- Your own specialist consultant with a 24 hour on call service
- CPD available ? for SEN settings Team Teach training can be provided.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Due to the start date of this vacancy it is important to apply or get in contact today.
Randstad education has been working with SEND schools and units for the past 22 years in this area. If this vacancy is not for you, please do not hesitate to contact the office to discuss further opportunities with Matt Godwin or Simon Strange our SEND Consultants.