Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Design Engineer to work at their facility based in Monmouth.
The company specialise in the design of equipment used in the construction industry. They have an excellent product range and are keen to develop new innovative idea's going forward. Due to excellent levels of growth they are now looking to expand their team with an experienced Senior Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for heading up the existing design team to develop the company's product range. The senior design engineer will head up much of the engineering activity (concepts and modification work) and communicate closely with other departments to ensure project delivery.
- Liaising with stakeholders within the business to understand/develop concepts and convert them to an outline engineering drawing. Ideally candidates should be capable of engineering calculations, eg structural loadings, plate thickness, flow calculations, motor loading calcs
- Work closely with the CAD team to turn these outline drawings into fabrication drawings using Solidworks.
- Liaise with local fabricators to ensure they understand our requirements, and take on board any comments they have regarding the ease of fabricating our designs.
- Co-ordinate the production schedules of fabricators, to hit customer deadlines.
- Liaise with other department to ensure all elements are correctly sized and fit onto the shell from the fabricator.
- Collection of feedback from Field Engineers who use the equipment at site and decide which ideas should be incorporated.
- Ensure version control within CAD so that drawings are correct, up to date, representing the latest evolution of the technology.
- Design of Fabrications
- 3d cad experience - preferably solidworks
- Hydraulics experience would be desirable
- Ideally, you should be capable of engineering calculations, eg structural loadings, plate thickness, flow calculations, motor loading calcs.
- Engineering HND, or a time served apprentice with years of practical engineering experience.
- You will probably have worked as a product develop and design engineer or have relevant experience of machine design and fabrication.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 03/05/2017