Large household brand seeking an ambitious and hardworking Graduate to be part of the procurement team based in Grimsby as a Purchasing Graduate.
Working as a key member of the procurement team, the Purchasing Graduate will support our category teams in developing, executing and managing their portfolios of business. This may include a range of activities from ensuring purchased materials meet robust technical specifications to assessing operational risks of supply chains.
- Play a key role in developing, maintaining and negotiating terms of business across a selected category base
- Evaluate supplier performance and service against our guidelines of technical specifications, terms of business, CSR and so on
- Drive and promote quality standards across the allocated supply base and ensure that suppliers operate in accordance with our principles and standards
- Provide cost analysis and insight, including price negotiation, budget and forecast setting and standard costs control
- Assess operational risks of current and potential supply opportunities and undertake contingency planning where necessary
- Act as a key liaison between the commercial, NPD, Customer and the purchasing department on key issues and actions to deadlines
- Participate in key group initiatives and projects as necessary, including the involvement in NPD and sustainability initiatives
- Support the procurement team where necessary including ad-hoc administration, invoicing issues, NPD briefs, presentations and so on.
WHAT YOU NEED
Numerate and analytical
Communication and interpersonal skills
Time management skills
Educated to degree level
Ambitious to pursue a career in business/procurement
Full driving license
To learn a range of purchasing duties and work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Are you interested in working for a large company based in Grimsby as a Purchasing Graduate apply today.
If you are interested in this placement please apply by clicking on the link below or contact Graduate Talent Solutions for further details.
Graduate Talent Solutions is the UK's leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice - more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
Graduate Talent Solutions is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit www.graduatetalentsolutions.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81953506