My Client are one of the UK's leading metal roofing and cladding systems manufacturers and contractors for the industrial, commercial and public sectors, and refurbishment markets.
The post holder will be responsible for day to day operations of the IT department along with leading improvement projects for data and voice systems.
- Ensure maximum availability of all voice and data systems throughout the company.
- Provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop, network, security and telecommunications.
- Ensure that the IT systems are secure and robust at all times.
- Provide reports on departmental performance.
- Management and resolution of service desk requests.
- Budget tracking and reporting.
- Development of IT documentation, policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities throughout the company.
- Liaise with other departments to develop and enhance current IT systems.
- Management of 3rd Party suppliers.
- Provide strategic input into the future direction of IT within the company.
In addition to the above the post holder will also be required to undertake additional duties as appropriate to the nature and level of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or with relevant experience.
- Microsoft desktop support.
- Microsoft server support (2008 +, Exchange, Active Directory).
- VMWare administration.
- SAN Administration (Nimble preferred).
- Network (TCP/IP, administration of network switches, firewall administration - Cisco Meraki preferred).
- 3rd party relationship management.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Business continuity / Disaster recovery planning.
- Budget management/control experience.
- Positive attitude to deliver excellent service and continuous improvement.
- Strong customer facing skills.
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82196837