Sourcing Lead required for Bridgend based manufacturer
Your new company
A global leader i n their specialist area with close to 20000 employees in 25 counties, with a turnover of close to $8 billion.
Your new role
The Strategic Sourcing Lead will be responsible for driving total cost reduction and value-add creation from the supply base, ensuring excellent customer quality and delivery service levels while driving inventory reduction and improved supplier performance. You will negotiate prices and follow competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific products and materials, interacting with other departments as necessary. You will a participate in New Product Development projects representing the sourcing organisation and you will act as the primary escalation step for plant strategic sourcing leaders and plant buyers/planners
What you'll need to succeed
- Working knowledge of planning and purchasing systems, the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), accounting principles and budgeting practices, inventory control and paperwork flow necessary to be able to function responsibly in this position. Knows the criteria, process and tools for measuring and recording purchasing performance.
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on ERP System outputs.
- Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ERP systems experience required to support procurement decision making.
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, effective team player with excellent analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and develop contracts in standard form; create basic project plans and manage source plan and implementation across functions and sites.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate quotations submitted by potential suppliers to assure that the quality, quantity, delivery terms, and costs are acceptable.
- Excellent communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels (able to communicate equally well with all employees, internal and external to the company, including supplier senior management).
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions.
What you'll get in return
As salary of up to £40k, dependent on experience, a generous pension scheme and a discretionary bonus scheme up to 12%
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.