SENIOR DEBT RECOVERY OFFICER
SENIOR DEBT RECOVER OFFICER
FULL TIME- MON - FRI
CONTRACT - £15.08 PER HOUR
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Senior Debt Recovery Officer to work within a Local Authority based in Twickenham.
The senior Debt Recovery is responsible for the following;
* To make or receive contact with service users or their representatives by phone or letter with a view to discussing outstanding invoices to obtain payment in a professional and courteous manner and resolve any disputes or queries there may be.
* To deal with general recovery matters and progress these to a suitable conclusion.
* To maintain records and systems and produce standard reports and information as and when required including working with the Finance Team during end of year closing.
* To maintain an up to date knowledge of social care charging policies in order to provide advice and support to stakeholders as and when required.
* To monitor the deferred payment property portfolio with a view to ensuring that the property valuation is current and up to date, there is suitable insurance cover and we have adequate security as covered by the Care and Statutory Support Guidance issued by the Department of Health.
* To allocate service user contributions as appropriate, to take service user payments over the phone and to prepare write off documentation and process once authorised.
* To identify and report cases where there may be fraud, misappropriation or misuse of service users funds in line with the Council's Safeguarding and fraud procedures.
* To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives of both Councils.
* To advise and support managers on relevant matters affecting the service.
* To work as required in ways that develop good working relations and collaborative internal and external stakeholders particularly Shared Legal Services, Care Team, Financial Assessment Team and Transactional Services.
* To deal with complex recovery matters and progress these to a suitable conclusion with possible court action if necessary and produce a recovery strategy throughout detailing action to take during progress of the matter.
* To agree strategies and actions plans for resolving individual debt cases, involving liaison with the Councils' legal service, Social Work Teams and other officers to progress debt recovery action and resolve complex cases, involving vulnerable services, their families/or their legal representatives.
* To prepare and maintain detailed reports to inform Management about debt recovery cases, strategies and financial aspects.
* To lead on administering the Deferred Payments Scheme without supervision.
* To lead on collection and recovery for complex cases, agreeing action plans and coordinating input to debt recovery action from Social Work Teams, Financial Assessments Teams, the Transactional Services contractor and the Shared Legal Service.
* To represent the Council at court hearings as and when required.
* To present reports at Management meetings and prepare briefings on individual cases for senior managers, as and when appropriate.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
* To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond.
* To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
* To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA's policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
* To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
* To understand both Councils' duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
* The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
This post is considered to be customer facing and the post holder would be expected to work with other members of the team and department to ensure that the Council's core hours are covered. This post requires the ability to undertake occasional visits to service users, as required.
This post holder will work with vulnerable service users and their families/legal representatives and will require ability to deal sensitively, tactfully and with appropriate manner to diffuse conflict.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82144785