Legal Secretary - Family
Role: Legal Secretary - Family Care
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Hours: 9.00 - 5.30 (35 hours per week)
Are you a confident, motivated Legal Secretary?
Are you stuck in your current position with no personal or professional development?
Do you have experience in family Care proceedings?
If any of the above sounds like you then keep reading! I have just picked up a fantastic opportunity to work for a well established, growing firm in York. The firm employs over a 100 staff across its three branches and offers a wide range of specialist legal expertise; they aim to assist with both private client and business client enquiries.
The duties and responsibilities for the role are listed below:
* Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents.
* Attending clients both in person and over the phone and provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner.
* Take messages, book meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners.
* Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance - making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency.
* Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary.
The type of experience you will need to be successful in this role:
* A good understanding and experience within family and care matters, particularly monitoring the Legal Aid Certificate aspect of Care matters is desirable.
* The ability to think and react quickly and caringly (balancing rules, regulations, risks, client interests and revenues)
* An understanding of CCMS and legal aid would be desirable.
* Experience in audio and copy typing
* Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook
* Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision
* 'Can Do' and flexible approach and team player
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone
* Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.