A successful manufacturing business are recruiting a Senior Buyer. Applicants need procurement experience within a manufacturing/engineering arena, and be comfortable in a stand-alone procurement role.
This successful SME manufacturing business are enjoying a period of sustained growth. They are looking for an ambitious and career-focused Senior Buyer to professionalise their procurement processes and support a wider MRP/ERP implementation. A stand-alone buying role, the Senior Buyer will have the opportunity to develop and own supply chain strategy.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer include:
- Lead direct procurement strategy (raw materials, components, electro-mech, finished product)
- Lead indirect procurement strategy (consumables, MRO, site services, IT, telecoms)
- Monitor stock and inventory levels
- Support business improvement in regards to MRP/ERP
- Support Stores Manager implement LEAN and CI methodologies into the department
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Strategic procurement tool-kit
- Gravitas and stakeholder engagement to work in a stand-alone role
- CIPS/Degree - Desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.