IT Support Technician
Our client based in Newton Abbot is looking for an IT Support Technician to join their team. They would like the candidate to have previous experience in a similar role. They are looking for someone to assist their IT Support team in all aspects of maintaining and providing IT services. Your main responsibility will be to provide professional, efficient, proactive and reactionary IT support and you will play an active part in project roll outs and to provide an escalation point for technical support requests.
You must have a full UK driving license and be willing to use your own car
(the client will insure your car with respect to business use) to execute your job; you will be able to claim mileage.
As an IT Support Technician your responsibilities will include (this is not
an exhaustive list): -
• Act a first point of contact for the IT department via both phone and email
• To accurately log and categorise support tickets and requests.
• Provide technical support and guidance for a wide range of software applications
• Supporting a wide range of infrastructure including Microsoft Desktop and
Server product range, Wireless Technology and Cloud based web applications
• Maintenance of client hardware including laptops, desktops, tablets,
multi-functional printers, projectors, and speakers
• Configuration/installation projects including software, hardware, and
• Provision new user accounts for various systems
The ideal candidate will;
• Be a self-motivated individual, with the ability to work both as part of
a team and on their own initiative
• Have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
• Have a flexible and adaptable approach
• Be able to work under pressure
• Educated to A Level or equivalent, Maths and English GCSE, min. Grade C
A role in the IT Services department brings a great opportunity to work in
a dynamic, fast paced environment with great opportunity for professional development and training.
If you do not have any contact from us within 7 working days please assume that on this occasion unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful, and we invite you to submit your CV for other roles you feel your skills, qualifications and experience match.