Service and Installation Manager
Service and Installation Manager
Our client specialises in the supply of Batch Plants, Truck Mixers and Concrete pumps etc. They are a global leader who has an excellent reputation for offering a first class service and developing its staff.
To be considered you will require:
• An Engineering Project/Installation background, but doesn’t necessarily need to have a concrete Industry background e.g. heavy mechanical engineering
• A good planner with attention to detail
• Excellent communicator
• Ideally has an engineering management background
• Field Service Management experience required
• Happy to travel and stay away from home as required
The role contributes to the growth of our client through the delivery of highly developed organisational and customer management skills. Combining strong product and application knowledge of our Batch Plants, Truck Mixers and Concrete pumps with a passion for developing solid customer relationships, the role will constantly strive to increase the aftersales business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
• Visit customer sites to investigate technical problems and communicating with customers, internal staff accordingly to provide a technical and cost effective solution to aftersales issues.
• Assist with customer complaints in relation to invoice disputes from an Aftersales and Installation perspective.
• Liaises with Spare Parts Administrator to monitor spare parts availability and quotations. When required, calculate labour costings for upcoming Service work, plant relocations and installations.
• Provides a dedicated support line for customers and uses this to develop outstanding rapport to grow existing the aftersales business.
• To circulate information and investigation details via written reports.
• Obtain suitable solutions on technical issues and warranty claims.
• Possesses strong commercial acumen and ensures aftersales and plant relocation projects make commercial sense.
• Strategically identifies where the aftersales business can be increased, in conjunction with the General Manager, creates effective plans to execute these opportunities.
• Works in harmony within the Department Sales Managers and other departments to maximise productivity and reduce costs.
• Supports by hands on element of operations management by undertaking out of hours responses as and when required.
• Actively manages the team of Service Engineers whilst optimising their utilisation to ensure quick and efficient response times to customer service requirements.
• Builds on current relationships to achieve maximum technical, logistical and commercial factory support.
• Effectively uses the operating system (BAAN) to manage the following processes; Sales Orders, Warranty Orders, Purchase orders in addition to checking stock availability and the pricing of spare parts.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
Key words: Engineering manager, Project manager, Installation manager, Service manager, Parts manager, After sales manager, Planning manager