Job Title: Marketing Director
Location: Cumbria (South Lakes)
Salary: Highly competitive
Are you a highly creative marketer with strong commercial acumen looking to work in a rapidly growing business? Do you want to work for an employer who would welcome some innovative thinking around their companywide marketing strategy?
Marketing Director – The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Director to help take this multi-million turnover company forward and realise their goals of growth and channel diversification. As a supplier of aggregates to the building trades they are currently looking for someone who can drive business forwards in this channel with an innovative communication strategy.
The challenge for the Marketing Director will be to look at the internal and external communications and overhaul it so that the company gain increasing brand awareness within their customer base of merchants, buying groups and independent traders, as well as spot opportunities to publicise the organisation through PR and relevant trade related events.
Marketing Director – Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and evaluate the annual marketing strategy for the company and effectively manage the marketing budget
- Take overall responsibility for the brand management and corporate identity, developing new campaigns to support increasing brand exposure and channel diversification
- Create, develop and optimise the product and pricing strategies, providing quantifiable ROI on any marketing/promotional campaigns
- Manage the company presence at industry events/awards including event management and pre/post prospect engagement
- Work closely with external design, print and PR agencies
Marketing Director – Experience Required:
- Degree in Marketing, ideally chartered with strong career track record in a B2B business
- Ability to undertake strategic analysis e.g. competitor analysis, brand analysis, analyse market trends, ROI on promotional activity
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a creative flair and keen to bring fresh ideas to the table
- Strong skillset in proofreading, copywriting and an understanding of the design, production and print processes for POS materials
- Awareness of digital marketing techniques
- It would be desirable, but not essential, that a candidate has an awareness of the construction industry or who has worked in an organisation that supplies products to the national merchants in the sector
Candidates who have a desire to move from creative agency to client side are also welcomed into the process so long as they can demonstrate a strong commercial awareness.
To have a confidential conversation and express interest in this exciting management opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Candidates with Head of Marketing, Senior Marketing Director, Creative Marketing Director, Marketing Manager are all invited to apply for this exciting opportunity