An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance Manager to join our expanding Compliance department in Kings Hill.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and leading the Compliance Consultancy function in all aspects of the Group’s Compliance Management Program in the UK. This position plans, organises, and handles the Group’s day-to-day compliance activities, reporting into the Head of Compliance.
The Compliance Manager will be required to have a good insight and knowledge of the business and operations with the ability to adopt laws, regulations, rules and policies to promote the business. The role requires excellent interpersonal, leadership and coaching skills to develop a strong and effective team of compliance professionals. This is a dynamic and fast-paced role in an exciting team where you will have a lot of interaction with the Management Team, Clients, Industry Trade Bodies, Regulators and Government departments. The role will be located in Kings Hill and travelling across the UK will be required.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Play a lead role in the development of the annual Group Compliance Plan
- Regularly review and assess the effectiveness of the Compliance Consultancy function within the business, proposing changes where required and justified to improve the service of the function to the business
- Lead in the delivery of the Compliance Plan
- Lead a team of Compliance Officers
- Support senior stakeholders to ensure that legal and regulatory requirements are considered and observed through all activities across the business
- Oversee the writing, maintenance and communication to the company of regulatory policies undertaken by the Compliance department
- Work closely with the support areas of the business to identify regulatory and client risks, consider their wider implications and make recommendations for operational mitigation
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulatory matters and undertake gap analyses where necessary to identify areas within the Group that are impacted
- Make arrangements to ensure that regulatory news and updates are communicated clearly and effectively to the business
- Provide pragmatic guidance, support and advice across all areas of the business, both on a day to day basis and in the interpretation and implementation of regulatory change as relevant
- Review operational management information to identify risks with regulated activity and provide subsequent advice and support
- Provide specialist advice on credit referencing
- Identify, resolve and feedback any suspected breaches of rules to maximise business effectiveness
- Where required compose responses to regulatory consultations
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance risk assessment process for new or amended customer communication and other documents as necessary
- Represent Compliance on projects and provide appropriate advice and guidance, highlighting areas of risk to senior management where necessary
- Examine ways to improve business efficiency and operate within regulatory guidelines more profitably
- As Principal Nominated Officer, support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer on Anti-Money Laundering processes
- Prevent unethical, illegal or improper conduct in accordance with Anti-Bribery legislation
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years UK experience in Compliance within financial services
- A solid understanding of compliance issues and regulatory requirements within financial services and experience working in an FCA regulated business
- Sound knowledge of risk management frameworks and ability to practically apply the three lines of defence model
- Experience of translating regulatory change into operational delivery
- People management experience
- Experience in leadership, in particular delivering feedback effectively and constructively
- Possess a broad technical knowledge of financial products and how they are sold and serviced
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary depending on experience plus a fantastic bonus scheme and benefits so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.