Data and Examinations Manager
Smart Teachers is recruiting a Data and Examination Manager to work on a temporary basis with a special school based in Tower Hamlets. The school provides education and support for students aged between 14 - 19 years and covers a range of needs including ASD, SEMH as well as complex needs. Having originally been established as an alternative provision, the school had recently repositioned themselves as an enterprise specialist college.
About the Role
- Data and Examination Manager
- Permanent salary of £32,715 pro rota
- Will work 35 hours a week with 4 extra weeks; term time only
- Data Management of the MIS (SIMS) system
- Administration responsibilities for all aspects of Examinations
- Will train staff in data management and use of SIMS
- Liaison with the ICT service provider over operational issues connected to the MIS software and keep up to date with developments
- In charge of the collection and collation of relevant accurate data for: Student Records Staff Records Academic Data Examinations and assessment Attendance Profiles
- Accurate entry, storage, manipulation and analysis of student data as required by the SLT
- In charge of the completion of the School Census and other statistical returns required by the LA and Government
- In charge of the school’s systems for recording, monitoring and reporting on attendance
About the School
- Supports students aged 14-19 years old with ASD and Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
- Supports young people to actively contribute to their local community
- Helps to progress young people into employment
- Non-religious, non-selective school
- Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities
- Easy to get to from Canary Wharf
In order to be considered for this role, the Data and Examination Manager will need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree or equivalent qualification showing an element of statistical analysis NB: a degree title including Maths, Statistics, Economics or Computing would be accepted as fulfilling this requirement. For other degrees/qualifications we will require on application that candidates show clearly details of relevant SIMS and exams experience
- 3 or more years of experience in one or college setting as whole school data manager/data management using SIMS.
- 3 or more years of experience using SIMs packages including Assessment Manager & Report Manager
- 3 or more years of experience developing and working with departments and faculties utilising SIMS packages
- 3 or more years of experience working with numerical and statistical data
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please submit your CV and quote job reference number FRA121969 when applying.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.