Be part of something BIG! This London based challenger bank are a leader in their field, initially offering Non-Regulated Lending products and Short-Term lending facilities whilst in the process of applying for their banking licence before expanding their product range to offer long term lending too.
As Bridging Finance Underwriting Manager, you will be responsible for looking after a key part of this fast-growing business, protecting the company from fraudulent lending applications and ensuring their customers applications are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
As Underwriting Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Initially underwriting all incoming Bridging Finance applications that have been introduced via various avenues
- Providing ongoing support and coaching to the underwriting team whilst ensuring their knowledge remains up to date and in line with current regulatory or internal requirements
- Collating and reviewing credit proposals for review by the credit committee when necessary
- Making lending decisions with speed and level of service being key throughout the process
- Carrying out regular performance reviews, holding regular meetings with asset managers and analysing trends in arrears that may impact on future lending criteria changes
To be considered for Underwriting Manager opportunity, it is expected that you will:
- Hold substantial experience from within the lending industry; notably coming from a Bridging or Development Finance background
- Previous mandate holder
- Team management experience, with evidence of team performance to demonstrate capabilities
- Be experienced underwriting high-value, complex lending proposals for property finance
- Be an ambassador for the Bridging and Development Finance industry; attending trade shows when needed and liaising with various third parties such as brokers, intermediaries and legal businesses
Interviews for this opportunity are taking place immediately, with a flexible start date on offer for the right candidate so do not delay. Apply today for the Bridging Underwriter role and we will provide you with more information. For more information on this role / other similar Financial roles please contact Daniel at (0161) (713) (0159)