Data & Analytics Manager
Join us as a Data & Analytics Manager in Bristol
- This is an opportunity to take on a leadership role in a cutting edge Data & Analytics (D&A) team that puts the customer at the heart of everything it does
- We are recruiting for a number of Data & Analytics Manager opportunities across an number of areas including Customer Decisioning and Contact, Big Data Analytics Solutions and Data Science
- You'll be leading and developing a team in one of these areas in Personal & Business Banking (PBB) D&A, with team members based in both Edinburgh, London and India
- You'll be working alongside the PBB leadership team to interpret and influence business needs and deliver customer strategies that contribute towards our business' long term goals
- You'll be honing your strategic talents and gaining valuable leadership experience in a dynamic and evolving area of our business
What you'll do
You'll be leading a globally based team of analysts, who generate, interpret and manage data and analytics. This will involve being accountable for the analysis delivered to stakeholder teams within PBB. You'll be building the understanding required to make sure that analysis is embedded in every-day decision making and is relevant, adds value, supports our commercial goals, and improves the customer's experience.
As part of this, you'll proactively recommend opportunities for improving customer and financial performance through an entrepreneurial and customer focused approach to analytics. You'll also be developing and motivating your team, and fostering a high performing and collaborative team culture.
You'll be managing your team in delivering the full analytics lifecycle, from gathering requirements and scoping analysis, through to delivering high quality data driven insight that drives improved decision making, and ultimately moves the business forward.
Day to day in your role, you'll:
- Build great stakeholder relationships across various levels
- Be an advocate of the power and importance of D&A in our business
- Maintain a effective control environment and adhere to all relevant risk management policies
- Ensure your team members are encouraged and supported to develop to their full potential
- Build a creative and engaged team culture, where people are proud of the team and the work they do
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced people manager and D&A professional, who can really hit the ground running. You'll be able draw on your previous leadership experience, and to use your analytic skills to provide effective solutions to complex problems.
You'll either need experience in commercial banking, marketing or risk analytics, or alternatively in customer relationship management or database marketing. Ideally, you'll also have an awareness of PBB, customer facing businesses, or head office functions.
As well as this, you'll need:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to build relationships at all levels
- A high level of personal drive and a commitment
- The ability to package and present ideas with clarity, and to convey complex, technical information in a clear and engaging way
- The ability to use a wide variety of data sources from internal or external databases
- Skills in database interrogation and analysis tools, including SAS, SQL, Teradata, and Excel
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.