Are you compassionate and caring? If so, Mears are looking for people like you to join our team of committed Care Workers at our Fleetwood branch covering Fylde and Wyre. Whether you are experienced in care or have no experience at all, we want to hear from you!
Mears Care is one of the leading providers of care and support in the UK, caring for people in their own homes. We have 2 branches across Lancashire delivering both local authority and private care services across the region.
Mears Care provides high quality and flexible home care for people of all ages. Mears Care enables our Service Users to stay independent and live at home supported by our expertly tailored home care services. We are able to provide support for people with complex conditions, to continue living independently in their own homes.
As a Care Worker you will be responsible for providing the best standards of care and support to Service Users who wish to remain in their own homes. This care service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each Service User in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the Service User with the following activities, and in so doing, you will at all times observe and respect the Service User’s dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical, ensuring desired outcomes are met.
Applicants do not have to have their own transport as we will accept walkers.
There are many benefits of working for one of the largest care providers in the UK including:
- A competitive pay rate of £8.10 per hour
- Inexperienced staff will receive £250 after a successful probation period
- Care Workers with 12 months experience will receive a £300 “golden handshake”
- Free DBS – Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service Certificate
- Extensive training fully funded by Mears, QCF 2 in Health and Social Care to support your career path
- Extensive induction programme
- Up to 28 days annual leave per annum
- Paid Mileage
- Company Pension
- Free Uniform
- Refer a Friend bonus of £1000
- Annual company fun day at a well-known Fun Park for you and your family all free
- Mears Advantage money saving scheme
- Career progression to Team Leader and Care Coordinator
Duties will include:
- Dressing and undressing / preparing the Service User for day care or trips out.
- Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / grooming / cleaning teeth.
- Hair care (washing / brushing).
- Nail care (fingernails only).
- Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
- Continence management.
- Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing supervision).
- Getting in and out of bed.
- Assisting with the use of aids to Daily Living / rehabilitation aids, as required.
- Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by Healthcare professionals.
- Day / evening / night sitting services, as required
- Assistance with stoma care.
- Assisting the Service User to take prescribed medication in accordance with locally approved policies and procedures.
- Preparation of snacks and meals according to the Service User’s likes / dislikes.
- Assisting with feeding, as required.
Domestic / Household Services:
- General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing.
- Clearing refuse and rubbish.
- Laundering / hand-washing / ironing, as required.
- Household fuel management.
- Shopping, and the preparation of shopping lists and assistance with budgeting. 5. Personal services:
- Assistance with personal finances, to include paying bills.
Mears have identified a number of personal qualities which make a great Care Worker including:
- A passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives
- Can show compassion
- Shows kindness and consideration for people’s feelings
- Acts with integrity
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to adapt to new situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Takes ownership and understands the importance of being reliable
- Creates relationships easily and puts people at their ease
- Honest and trustworthy, tackles challenges with transparency
We have numerous shift patterns to suit the individual and the needs of the business. Shifts will include days, evenings, weekends and overnight stays. We can offer guaranteed hours and there are variable contracts available from 8 hours per week to 40 hours per week.
Please apply online today to be considered for the Care Worker role.
Mears promotes diversity and is an Equal Opportunities employer.