Are you an experienced Payroll professional looking for a new and exciting move? Working within a small and friendly HR Team, your role will be that of Payroll Officer.
The role will have responsibility for all UK sites, approximately 700 staff. It is therefore essential that you have outstanding attention to detail, strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
The business is solid and successful. There is a strong team ethic, with an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking management team at the helm.
Your duties as Payroll Officer will include:
- Processing of payroll (end to end) 700 staff
- Administration of all starters and leavers including tax code administration, P45s and online submissions
- Processing all statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP)
- Calculate and process loans, advances, allowances, company benefits, etc.
- Reconciliation and payment of payroll deduction accounts in line with regulatory bodies such as HMRC
- Benchmarking of salaries
- Year-end tax reconciliations and returns
- Dealing with any payroll related queries
- Maintain up to date knowledge around basic manual calculations, e.g. National Insurance/impact of company benefits
In return, our client offers a competitive base salary together with an impressive list of benefits which include: health cover, pension scheme, life assurance, free access to a local gym, free car parking, 24 days annual leave + Bank Holidays.
Working hours are 39 per week and include a 1.00 p.m. finish on Fridays.
If you have the relevant skill set as an experienced Payroll Officer, and would like to work for a supportive and co-operative employer with an excellent reputation, please contact Samantha Harris for further information.