Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced and dedicated Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our clients in Washington, Birtley, Chester-le-streetand surrounding local towns, operating through our friendly Durham branch.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours, we have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Your Caring Role
Newcross Healthcare has been providing excellent quality care staff to nursing homes, hospitals and people in their own homes for over 21 years. We pride ourselves on employing only the very best, experienced care staff and ensuring our clients receive the highest quality person-centred care.
In this caring position your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an essential role in enabling our service users to lead fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
You'll become a permanent member of our healthcare team, working in local care establishments to enhance the well-being and quality of life of every individual you care for.As a Successful candidate, You will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, up to £11.39/h paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.To apply for this role, you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your Local Branch
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear.
We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.