We are looking to recruit a temporary Assistant Accountant to join a vibrant and growing business in central Cardiff. Due to the phenomenal success of a new product, our client has a new opportunity to join its talented finance team.
The role will involve carrying out complex reconciliation duties. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a team player, and understand the value of strong financial controls working for a global business that is growing and changing at a fast pace. The position is initially being offered on an ongoing temporary basis with the potential for permanent in the future.
What the job involves
- Monitoring of bank accounts, facilitate the bank posting to Oracle and finalisation of reconciliations
- Daily Balancing of the credit card financial system
- Daily Posting to Oracle from the credit card system
- To manage suspense account reconciliations
- Preparing accounts to trial balance, including sub ledger management
- Cash monitoring and bank account analysis
- Preparation of monthly management review including both financial and non-financial data.
- Facilitate the resolution of suspense / outstanding reconciliation items with internal and external customers.
- Various ad hoc analysis and reporting.
What you will need
- Must have strong reconciliation skills
- Experience in banking or financial industries would be an advantage
- An understanding of double entry booking and financial controls
- A solution-oriented mind-set
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly proficient in Excel and specifically working with advanced functions like pivot tables, look-ups, macros and goal seek.
- Preferably have experience of working with Oracle and building database queries.
Pay and benefits
- Hourly Rate £12-14 per hour
- Paid holidays
- Excellent location - close to train station
- Potential for permanent
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest we would be delighted to hear from you, please click on the 'apply’ tab immediately and attach your CV.