Associate Lecturer in Management
We have an opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in Management to join the team based at our Chichester campus. You will join us working variable hours (up to 12 hours per week) on a fixed term basis of 1 year and you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
Chichester College Group has recently expanded to create a larger catchment area, which has attracted more business for the Business and Management department. We are looking for Associate Lecturers in Management to work at the Chichester campus, as well as other sites in Sussex and Surrey.
You will join current delivery teams to teach on a selection of units, for the following new apprenticeship standards:
1) Level 6 Chartered Manager degree
2) Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager
3) Level 4 Associate Project Manager
4) Level 3 Team Leader /Supervisor.
Our Associate Lecturer in Management duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, as agreed
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Contribute to the development of curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Adopt a proactive approach to participation in appropriate meetings and training, as agreed with the curriculum area
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Skills & Experience required of our Associate Lecturer in Management:
- Professional or academic qualification relevant to management studies at Level 4 or above in finance, operational management, leadership, managing people, project management or communications etc
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Relevant senior management experience and proven occupational compentency
- Experience Coaching leaners and/or delivering teaching at Level 3 and above
- Curriculum delivery and associated administration experience
- Up to date knowledge of current management practice
- Relevant industrial/commercial knowledge in current management strategy
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel between sites
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Closing date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
Interview date: Monday 9th July 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Associate Lecturer in Management then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.