SEN Learning Support Assistant, Southwark
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant/Support Worker with SEND experience?
Empowering Learning are looking for confident and dynamic learning support assistants/support workers who have a wealth of experience supporting children or young adults with a varied range of learning difficulties and disabilities. We are currently looking for individuals in the Southwark area, who can play a significant role in supporting the students on their educational journey and encourage individuals to develop their social, emotional and life skills. They are also looking for individuals who can use their initiative and be hands on and build a strong rapport with students who have a variety of needs such a PMLD, Autism, EBD and Complex needs.
Our SEND Schools and Provisions provide an inclusive learning environment for children and young adults, who have profound multiple learning difficulties, autism, complex needs and challenging behaviour. They offer a personalised programme and curriculum, enabling individuals to develop their life, social and independent living skills. They also work closely in partnership with communities and multidisciplinary teams and invest a vast amount into continual professional develop training for all their staff members.
To be a suitable candidate for this position;
- Experience supporting children or adults with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Background knowledge and experience in the SEND education or Health care sector
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour
- Comfortable assisting children and young adults with personal care including hygiene and feeding
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with staff and students
- Training within Manual handling, Hoisting, PEG feeding and suction, Medical administration and Epilepsy.
- A valid DBS registered on the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Willing to commit to long-term, full time positions.
When working with Empowering Learning you will benefit from;
- Dedicated consultant committed to finding you the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience £65-£80
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
If you are experienced in the SEND or Healthcare sector and committed to supporting children or young adults with additional needs, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV or you can contact Ryan S-Barrow on or via email