Architect - Transaction Banking Commercial
Architect, Transaction Banking - Commercial, London (City), Contract, Flexible Rate
You will be responsible for:
- Be the principal advisor for the domain technology architecture and strategy and showcasing the art of the possible.
- Document domain blueprints and gain approval for their inclusion in the reference architecture.
- Deliver domain blueprints to support solution designs, which in turn can be successfully built and operated by Engineering teams Leverage the capabilities of technology vendors and sourcing suppliers to define architecture and deliver blueprints.
- Promote the value of architecture governance and design deliverables across the organisation. Present design artefacts to the relevant architectural governance committees, to obtain timely approval avoiding delay or project risk.
- Participate in managing and maintaining vendor relationships, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations. Maintain an awareness of external trends for the Business Transaction Banking domain.
- Support the HoF to build, lead, develop, appraise and motivate a team of architects that it is capable of satisfying the accountabilities described above.
You will have:
- A good understanding of Commercial Bank application architecture. Specifically understanding in particular key areas that relate to Business Transaction Banking would be ideal to have. Influencing and presentation skills sufficient to win the trust, confidence and commitment of senior business and IT stakeholders, as well as technical experts within the engineering teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, and in particular to identify the Business Transaction Banking decisions and issues which have the most importance and impact within the wide range of Value Stream decisions to be taken at any particular point in time.
- Strong drive to deliver, to maintain responsibility for definition/standards/governance of Business Transaction Banking through to guidance of the teams responsible for defining, building and implementing these initiatives.
- Good judgement and analytical capabilities, to balance business imperatives with the practical constraints of delivery and technical dependencies.
- Excellent knowledge of the technical discipline of Business Transaction Banking and of developments in this areas within the IT industry. Ability to manage technology vendors and strategic partners to deliver architectural artefacts.
If this sounds of interest please send over an up to date CV