Whilst predominantly working out of this global organisations head office in Devon, you will be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of international suppliers who support, and facilitate, the current and future goals of this hugely successful company. Your role will be to source suppliers, negotiate competitive pricing structures whilst ensuring that maximum quality standards are maintained, and subsequently monitor and manage ongoing vendor relationships. There maybe occasional overseas travel, but this will only be minimal.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the vendor relationship. Negotiation and agreement of prices and commercial / contractual terms. Reporting on vendor performance as required.
- To minimise the Company's spend on materials, services and components, conducive with maintaining adequate quality standards and delivery performance. To maximise on supplier capabilities to determine alternative materials, component designs, tooling, quality standards and delivery packaging where appropriate.
- To extend the concept of supplier quality assurance to enable materials and components to be delivered in accordance with the requirements of the business. Communicate the philosophy of ownership and responsibility at source to the vendor base. Monitor performance of a portfolio of vendors and take appropriate actions to address any performance failures.
- Actively participate in new product development teams to influence the design in the use of materials and which will give lowest cost, best quality within shortest time.
- You will be an experienced Buyer and Supplier Manager, ideally possessing experience within a high volume Manufacturing or trading company and ideally be used to Commodity Buying (this would also hopefully either involve Electronic or Hydraulic component purchasing)
- International trading experience essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- You will ideally be CIPS qualified with a minimum A Level standard of education
Working Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/81890410