We're part of Europe's leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
As a Product Architect in working in the Group Product & Supply Architecture and Design department, you'll be responsible for the architecture of Sky's flagship TV products across multiple platforms across Europe.
Your key responsibilities:
- Understanding the business needs and translating product feature requirements into effective and innovative solutions.
- Ensuring that architectures for Sky products are robust, scalable and supportable.
- Collaborate with key technology stakeholders and Architects throughout the Sky Group and partners.
- Effectively and pro-actively communicate throughout the business in an open and collaborative manner that promotes clarity and co-operation whilst driving the improvement of the product architecture
- Ensuring that the architecture and design supports a best in class user experience
- Collaborate on cross territory product requirements to drive simplicity, implementation consistency and software re-use, whilst supporting territory specific needs.
- Review test strategies to ensure effective coverage and reliable test methodologies are applied
- Brief development teams on the product architecture and support / review detailed designs and adjusting the solutions as needed in the face of requirements changes and implementation issues, through to product launch
- Ensure the operational requirements and processes are identified and addressed.
- Ensure that security, regulatory and corporate policies are fully adhered to in the solution designs.
- Hands on experience of defining solutions delivering high quality, consumer facing products, ideally in the TV or communication fields.
- Proven experience of delivering systems into complex eco-systems and working in a fast paced, results orientated delivery organisation
- Experience developing solutions with embedded devices (eg. Linux based, Android or iOS / tvOS etc).
- Understanding of Video Delivery technologies (MPEG Encoding, CA, DRM and streaming formats)
- Understanding of Networking principles and key technologies throughout the 7 layer OSI model
- Ability to support investigations & Major Platform Incidents in high pressure environments.
- Experience of using highly scalable cloud technologies such as GCP, Azure, AWS etc and experience of data analysis tooling such as splunk, ELK, Kibana etc
- Experience of working with complex technical systems with operational and editorial team and an up to date understanding of regulations and best practices pertaining to GDPR
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better