Process Development Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Development Engineer to become a key member within a fast-growing, high-volume manufacturing company based inear Grantham. You will manage the development and performance of all manufacturing processes and strategies including managing the introduction of a new highly automated electro-mechanical production systems and equipment (CAPEX) that will deliver improved yields, volume and efficiencies.
Responsibilities of Manufacturing Process Development Engineer
- Overall management of continuous improvement to manufacturing process development including the deployment of new automated electro-mechanical manufacturing machinery & processes
- Expanding the high level of integration with design engineering to drive the development of enhanced manufacturing processes to improve yield, quality and cost performance
- Evaluation of alternative processes and automation technologies
- Specification of new equipment and design of new processes
- Project management of key programs to improve cost, capacity, yield and quality
- Process & machine introduction, equipment acceptance trials and volume ramp-up, including staff training
- Optimisation of equipment performance, capacity and yields / cost
- New product introduction (NPI) and design for manufacture (DfM) programs
Requirements Manufacturing Process Development Engineer
- Educated to degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, or similar
- Solid knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Proven experience in developing & deploying new manufacturing processes to deliver improved yields.
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing environment, ideally including continuous web materials and/or food grade products.
- Demonstrable project and supplier management skills.
- Capable of working within a multi-discipline team as well as leading and mentoring staff
- Energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to quality and on-time delivery
- Experience of 6 Sigma or other improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies advantageous
Vacancy Location: Near Grantham (commutable from Lincoln, Peterborough, Newark, Nottingham, etc)
Salary: negotiable circa £35k - £43k + benefits