Our client, a leading broadcasting company, requires 1 Node.JS Developer to work on site in Osterley.
We are seeking a software engineer ready to step up and take on the challenge of working on multiple codebases, improving our applications by building a GraphQL server and working with teams to integrate it into our front-end applications.
You will join the team responsible for writing, maintaining and supporting the GraphQL schema and single domain model.
The group you will join works on a codebase that is engineered in an entirely internal open source way. Developers across the company contribute daily to the codebase, our team supports them, reviews proposed changes and together strives for excellence.
What our team does and how it works:
- We provide a single domain model across our mobile, desktop, consoles, and TV applications
- We focus on creating the right technical capability to serve our customers and engineering teams
- All our software is shared internally using practices more familiar to the world of open source
- We welcome contribution by Sky engineers outside of our local team
- We work with the consumers of our service to make sure our API is super easy to code with
- We work closely with our back-end services teams to ensure the integration is as easy as possible
- We contribute to our front-end codebases and work closely with the front-end teams
- We champion and evangelise our approach to data fetching across the company and inform various stakeholders of the impact and progress
- Have a passion for writing high-quality, high-performance, testable code
- Experience developing multiple front-end applications
- Be familiar of common front-end principles such as caching, resilience and fault tolerance
- Enjoy collaborating with others, reviewing code, giving and receiving feedback often
- Basic understanding of data fetching using Apollo Client or Relay GraphQL clients, as well as REST API
Please forward CVs in the first instance or feel free to give me a call on 0161 926 3652.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81866521