We are excited to be supporting an established expanding manufacturing company based in Essex.
To assist with their big plans for the future, a new shift pattern has been launched "Friday - Sunday" (total 35 hours) to help deliver to an ever increasing order book. This role may suit a candidate seeking that work/home balance.
CNC Milling Setter/Operator is required, with the main responsibilities being:
- Set and operate the CNC (mostly Mazak or G&M codes is desired) machines
- Read technical drawings and relevant information
- Identify tooling and working methods to operate machine competently.
- Conduct inspection of own work.
- Deburring of comps. in cycle where possible.
- Report any machine defects or breakdowns to line supervisor.
- Carry out basic maintenance of machine, i.e. cleaning, filling with oil/coolant and maintain a clean and safe working environment in line with ISO14001 and knowledge to complete paperwork in line with companies AS9100 accreditation.
- Team Player and Flexible approach.
- The shift is production based, to run more than one machine centre, as well as keep our lights out machines running.
Qualifications or knowledge Required
- Good knowledge of machine shop practices in CNC turning.
- Knowledge of CNC codes to effectively operate machine - G&M / Fanuc.
- A recognised engineering qualification/apprenticeship.
Previous experience in a similar role.