New Technical Writer
An established, innovative, international gaming Technology company based in central Bristol are recruiting for a Technical Writer to join their vibrant team.
- Create technical materials from scratch, organising and prioritising content to meet audience needs.
- You will work from tool and feature specifications, prototype versions of tools and features, Sample code and audience understanding
- Edit technical materials developed by engineering groups, in order to determine the appropriate audience for the material and then ensure it meets the needs of that audience
- Ensure technical accuracy by working closely with subject matter experts
- Improve overall structure and organisation, choosing the proper content type for the material
- Ensure its basic grammatical coherence and integrity
- Supports and contributes to the wider Documentation set
- Cooperate and collaborate with the external Production department to help produce the final output for technical material.
Your Skills and Qualities
- At least 5 years' experience creating technical documentation for software, consumer electronics, or networking products
- Ability to read C, C++, C#, or Java code and write original API reference documentation
- Must be experienced with industry-standard structured writing principles
- Must be able to interact skillfully and professionally with subject matter experts and other colleagues
- Competent user of industry standard content authoring software and accepted documentation formats, including MS Word, XML, HTML, PDF, and CHM
- Strong organisational, communications, research, and time management skills
- Able to work with code-commenting tools and processes (Doxygen, Doc-O-Matic, JavaDoc)
- Familiar with content management and version control systems. Knowledge of component content management systems (CCMS's) is desirable
- Ability to work independently or with minimal oversight
For further information please get in touch today