Communications Consultant - Business Change
Afiniti is an award-winning business change consultancy with an exciting opportunity for a mid-level communications specialist to join us as a change communications consultant.
You’ll be responsible for delivering communications and engagement solutions for our clients, working as part of their project teams to support their change programmes and initiatives. You’ll help them to effect lasting change within their organisations, whether it’s driven by new technology, processes or organisational structures.
We’ll happily consider people from either a consultancy or internal communications background as there is the potential here to develop in a consultancy role. You’ll gain exposure with a variety of our clients across different industries and work closely with our experienced consultancy team to help deliver our wide-ranging portfolio of business change services, all of which enable our clients to embed new behaviours and ways of working. As well as developing your consultancy skills you will gain broader exposure to the theory and practice of business change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and delivering change communications strategies and plans.
- Analysing and engaging with stakeholders.
- Advising and enabling clients to 'co-create’ and deliver sustainable engagement approaches.
- Producing compelling and creative material, including online and email content, video storyboards, live events and presentations, often in collaboration with our in-house design team.
- Designing and implementing effective evaluation strategies.
- Developing and managing strong client relationships.
Skills and experience
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and at least 3 years’ communications experience in either a consultancy or corporate / internal communications role.
- Some experience in or exposure to the delivery of communications as part of business change or transformation, ideally in the context of technology or IT-led change.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint
- The ability to build strong client relationships and manage stakeholder expectations
- A creative mind-set and experience working with designers to develop compelling creative material in line with client brand.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, confident working to tight deadlines and self-managing a varied workload.
- Some understanding of the concept and practice of business change and how people go through change.
This is a full-time 6 month service contract, based from our London office with opportunities for flexible working and an expectation of some travel and stop-overs in other areas of the UK and, possibly, Europe.
For an immediate conversation to find out more about working with us, please apply to us with your CV.