Apprentice - Business and Administration
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Apprentice – Business and Administration
1 year fixed term contract
Starting salary year 1: £8,080 per annum
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with a market leading training provider – Lifetime Training - we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time supporting the Estate Services Central team to gain an insight into the systems and processes we use.
The Estate Services Central team provides performance reporting, project management, information, training and support to regional Estates Services teams responsible for the delivery of a grounds maintenance, cleaning, caretaking and compliance testing service to Sanctuary Group’s customers. Our aim is to ensure that Sanctuary Group’s neighbourhoods and offices are clean, attractive and safe places to live and work.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Learning vital office skills such as planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence
- Providing administration and project support
- Dealing with and resolving queries both by email, face to face and over the phone
- Job shadowing
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Great communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Commitment, determination and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable team player
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave, pro rata (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 28 June 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.